Re: snmpd configuration

On Sun, Feb 23, 2003 at 07:37:34PM +1000, Justin Clacherty wrote:
> Does anyone have some links to good how-to's on configuring snmpd?  I want to try out MRTG to monitor the traffic and just generally give me some statistics on a gateway I have set up.  MRTG uses snmp to get data from various machines but I've never set up snmp before.
>
> Thanks,
> Justin.
We just configured MRTG once again and it is easy following the
directions at the web site and ther doc files that exist after it is
installed. One thisg though; somehow the instructions do not tell you
after you use the comand cfgmaker you need to use the command
indexmaker. Look at the man page for the latter and it will become
clear how to use it.
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University