Re: how to forbid someone to do an ftp outside of my network?

Craig White writes....

> I can't believe how many people misunderstood the question and are
> giving him the advice that he can somehow control this via
> netfilter/iptables.
>
> He can't
>
> He needs to use a proxy server (squid), passwords/acl's and he has all
> the control that he could ever need.
>
> Craig

I was leaning more toward.
* Get students you can trust.
* Don't trust "trusted materials" with "untrusted students."
* Break their fingers.  (My Favorite.)

Even if you take out the diskette drive so they cannot copy
to diskette, and forbid them from having pencil and paper,
you will need to give them some type of "alien brain erase"
to keep them from writing it down when they leave.

-- Jay Crews
jpc@jaycrews.com