Re: LDAP

Tom Diehl wrote:
I used it as a model to set up a working OpenLDAP authentication server (in a test environment). Unfortunately, it is a long article and is not published on the linuxjournal.com web site, so you need to find the magazine somewhere.
Were you able to get the autofs part working?? So far I have been unable to
figure out how to pass args to autofs via LDAP. The parts I do have working
though are really cool. Still need to write some scripts to manage things
better though.
No, I did not get autofs working. What I did instead was set up my home (/h) and share (/share) NFS mounts in the /etc/fstab of my clients so they would be there at boot. There were also a couple of errata for the article (one of the sample LDAP definitions was not complete).

IMHO LDAP is not for the faint of heart. Once it is working it is pretty
much bullet proof but it is painful to get working 100%. IMHO the docs
still pretty much suck. At least the ones I have read.
I'm hoping to replace a fairly large NT4 domain later this year with OpenLDAP,
but I'm a little nervous about pulling the trigger. I have all the pieces working today (samba PDC, OpenLDAP), but not on a large scale, and not all together.

Best Regards,
Keith
--
LPIC-2, MCSE, N+
Wake up, baby, cause I'm coming to you from the future -- D Wyndorf