Re: LDAP

Eduardo Sanz Martin wrote:
Hi,

I would like to set up a LDAP server as authentication password ( like a
NIS). I would like to set up this server on a linux machine. It is going
validate passwords on UNIX (HP-UX, SGI) and linux, is it possible? How
can i find information about this item. I checked LDAP HOWTO, but it
is not clear. Is there a document that explains clear how LDAP works?
There was a wonderful article published in the December 2002 edition of the Linux Journal titled:

* OpenLDAP Everywhere by Craig Swanson and Matt Lung
A single company-wide directory service offers mail address lookup and file sharing to Linux and Windows users.

I used it as a model to set up a working OpenLDAP authentication server (in a test environment). Unfortunately, it is a long article and is not published on the linuxjournal.com web site, so you need to find the magazine somewhere.

I also struggled with the HOWTO and other online documentation and needed the above article to clarify some things for me.

Best Regards,
Keith
--
LPIC-2, MCSE, N+
Wake up, baby, cause I'm coming to you from the future -- D Wyndorf