how to forbid someone to do an ftp outside of my network?

After what i read, it really seems too difficult to forbid outgoing ftp. I would have to forbid all the *ftp, scp, telnet, mail and even web browsing because of the webmail.
I think we will have to trust these students.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: how to forbid someone to do an ftp outside of my network?
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 14:50:55 +0100
From: Raoul Beauduin <raoul.beauduin@univ-pau.fr>
To: psyche-list <psyche-list@redhat.com>

I am trying to forbid outgoing ftp.

the situation is like this:

we have about 10 pc's connected to a local network 192.168.*.* ("my" network). we are going through a firewall to connect to internet.
I want some students not being able at all to make an outgoing ftp to some foreign host and drop sensitive sources. but when i connect on their machine, i want to be able to make an any ftp i want.
the deny of outgoing ftp must on be only for these students.