Re: how to forbid someone to do an ftp outside of my network?

On Wed, 19 Feb 2003, Raoul Beauduin wrote:

>   I am trying to forbid outgoing ftp.
>
> the situation is like this:
>
> we have about 10 pc's connected to a local network 192.168.*.* ("my"
> network). we are going through a firewall to connect to internet.
> I want some students not being able at all to make an outgoing ftp to
> some foreign host and drop sensitive sources. but when i connect on
> their machine, i want to be able to make an any ftp i want.
> the deny of outgoing ftp must on be only for these students.

Second thought:

It depends what these "sensitive sources" are.  If stuff is that
sensitive, it shouldn't be on a PC students are using.  If it is some
stuff they have to analyze, well ... .  Add to the previous posting:

no access to printers

Life is not easy.

Michael