Re: Redhat 8.0 and 2Gb RAM

Thanks. Will do. So, the amount of memory should not be a problem right?
Dimi

At 05:47 PM 2/16/2003 +0100, you wrote:
On Sun, 16 Feb 2003, Dimitri Deserranno wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a Athlon dual processor system with 1Gb RAM on which I ran Redhat 7.2
>
> Now, I wanted to upgrade to Redhat 8.0 (downloaded on Feb 13, 2003) and add
> an additional 1Gb RAM.
> However, with 2Gb RAM my system locks up during the install. If I remove
> the additional memory, I can install without problems.
> So I tried to add the memory afterwards. The memory was recognized by the
> kernel. However, this morning my machine locked up again.
>
> Since my computational work requires the additional memory I wonder if
> anyone could help me out. I'd be more than happy to supply you with
> additional information.

well, first, verify the memory.

One simple check is to remove the first 1GB, and put the new 1GB in that
place.  Still locks up?  Go and change it!

If not, get memtest86 and do a thorough check.  Still no problems?  Then,
post details.

Cheers,

Michael