Re: PDC and Windows Domain Logon Setup

It is listed somewhere  not sure where  but you need to edit the windows
registry to allow xp to join a samba controlled domain

you have a couple of options available to you to do this  they are

Option 1: Manual registry editing
Start Regedit, navigate to:

 HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\NetLogon\Parameters

and change

 "RequireSignOrSeal"=dword:00000001

 "RequireSignOrSeal"=dword:00000000
Option 2: The only way Microsoft advocate changing this setting
     1. Use Control Panel to open Local Security Policy in the
        Administrative Tools.
     2. Navigate to Local Policies / Security Options.
     3. Double-click Domain Member:Digitally encrypt or sign secure
        channel data (always).
     4. Press Disabled.
     5. Press Apply and OK.

Option #3: registry file
Save the followig text to requiresignorseal.reg and then right
click->Merge

 REGEDIT4
 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Netlogon\Parameters]
 "requiresignorseal"=dword:00000000

This file can be found in the docs/Registry directory of the Samba 2.2.2
source distribution as WinXP_SignOrSeal.reg.

Dennis

--
Dennis Gilmore <dennis@dgilmore.net>