Re: GRUB problems

On Thu, 13 Feb 2003, Thomas Dodd wrote:

> Nick Urbanik wrote:
>
> >Justin Zygmont wrote:
> >

> >>It doesn't list the error I am getting.  Now matter what I do it keeps
> >>saying:  /dev/md0 does not have a corresponding BIOS drive
> >>Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> >>
> Is /boot on  /dev/md0 ?
>
> What raid_level is /dev/md0?
> ( check /proc/mdstat )

no, it would only be on /dev/hda and hdc in my case.  This was for a RAID
1 mirror.  Nick's solution will work if you can get a grub command line,
if not, just get into single mode and install grub onto both drives the
seperately to ensure each one would be bootable in the event of a failure.
Also /boot does not actually have to be on a seperate partition.
I found out this from hours of trial and error:)