Re: Blanking Flat Panel Display

On Thu, 13 Feb 2003, Reg HUGHSON wrote:

> Under Gnome, I had the settings adjusted via screensaver but the power
> management settings never worked...the screen would blank but would never
> go into standby mode or power off. Now that I've switched to WindowMaker,
> the same power management settings work fine.
>
> Why would that be?

That's a very good question....  Especially since my extended study
indicates that all of these GUI's should simply be doing what you could do
using the "xset" command.

BTW, I tested blanking under gnome and kde under RH 7.3 (my 8.0 system is
in the office) and both worked fine.

Ed

--
http://www.shorewall.net/  for all your firewall needs