Re: A question about up2date

On Thu, Feb 13, 2003 at 04:35:55PM +1000, Tony Nugent wrote:
> On Thu Feb 13 2003 at 07:12, Cliff Sarginson wrote:
>
> > When you run up2date there is an option on the install screen to "View
> > advisory". I have never ever seen this work. I just tried it again and
> > nothing happened..as always. I presume it is supposed to work.
> > Any insights ?
>
> Did you register your box with the redhat network registation
> utility?  (rhn_register from the command line).

Yes I did !

> > [ This mail has been checked as virus-free ]
>
> Oh, now this makes me feel so much more at ease!  :-)

I could be lying of course ;)

I am new to Redhat..there are a couple of things I don't quite get about
the RHN. I get advisories that my profile shows I need to update
something or other, but nothing ever happens consequent on that. I mean
the little blue-tick stays blue, and running up2date. Produces nothing.
Now the blue tick turned to a red shriek, and sure enough there was an
update to Lynx .. but I received no email advisory about it ? Am I
missing something here ? Or most probably misunderstanding something.
I only have the demo registration that comes gratis, not because I
think $60 is not wortwhile if the support is good, but I am evaluating
Redhat at the moment...I run a small multi-platform network but am
not very satisifed with my current Linux setup (no names mentioned).

My evaluation is quite positive so-far .. btw.

--
Regards
   Cliff Sarginson