Re: How to redirect std error in gdm or kdm login?

Sorry, I was wrong about what gets captured by 'startx
> file 2>&1'. There is a file: ~/.xsession-errors that
appears to contains stuff that would - in a gdm
handled login - normally go to the specified
redirection in a manual startx login. So, my question
is, then, how to control/capture the hardware-specific
messages (example at end of post) that flood an active
tty while a KDE session is starting?

thanks again!