Re: rhn availability

---------- Original Message -----------
From: Michael Schwendt <ms0301rh@arcor.de>
To: psyche-list@redhat.com
Sent: Sat, 8 Feb 2003 10:26:24 +0100
Subject: Re: rhn availability

> On Fri, 7 Feb 2003 18:34:36 -0800, Jesse Keating wrote:
>
> > On Friday 07 February 2003 18:18, Mike Vanecek uttered:
> > > Understand. However, I was trying to determine the benefit of renewing the
> > > 60 day subscription. Obviously, I must be missing out on some of the
> > > advantages of the basic over the demo or was looking in all the wrong
> > > places.
> >
> > Your 2 month "Demo" is what the Basic service is.  Once your Demo runs out,
> > you longer have those benefits.
>
> This is a misleading description. A purchased copy of Red Hat Linux,
> whether Personal or Professional, comes with what is called "Basic"
> service, which is more than the free "Demo" service for
> subscriptionless users, but only limited to a period of 30 or 60
> days, respectively. The following page gives a features comparison
> of the different RHN service levels:
>
>   https://rhn.redhat.com/preview/index.pxt
------- End of Original Message -------

That comparison helps and confirms what I had thought. The Basic subscription
for a single system user buys ISOs and rhn access during high load periods. I
have not done ISOs in the past, but maybe I should. Thanks for the link, it is
exactly the information I needed.