Using TLS with OpenLDAP "ldapsearch" that comes with RH 8.0

Hi All,

I am trying to connect to LDAP server using the OpenLDP "ldapsearch"
command line utility that comes with RH 8.0.

The command line that I am using is as follow:
$ ldapsearch -x -ZZ -h my.ldap.server -b "o=SC" "uid=saqib"
ldap_start_tls: Protocol error (2)

As the error shows, the START_TLS failed.

I am connecting to a SunOne Directory Server, that supports TLS.

I am wondering if the "ldapsearch" (part of OpenLDAP) utility that ships
with RH 8.0 supports TLS. Or should I compile my own OpenLDAP from source?
Has anyone tried TLS connection using the ldapsearch that comes with RH
8.0?

Thanks

In Peace,
Saqib Ali
"I fear, if I rebel against my Lord, the retribution of an Awful Day (The
Day of Resurrection)" Al-Quran 6:15
http://docbook.sc-icc.org