An interesting problem

Greetings,

I installed RH 8.0 back in October and have had few problems. I have my box connected to the internet thru our company DSL line and it is working well. Recently, I setup a modem (dialup) connection for a backup to our ADSL connection, (that is where I found a problem.) The modem dials up great and connects to the ISP reliably. But when I try to get email or go to websites, sometimes it works and sometimes not!

I replaced the modem (a 3COM USR PCI modem) and the new one did the same thing. The ISP settings are the same for the ADSL carrier as the dialup carrier (they are one in the same.) Has anyone had problems with unreliable dialup connections and how have you solved them? Our WeenieDoze box has no problems doing dialups on the same line.

Any help appreciated guys!

Josh Dolan
IS and Technology Director
Seal-Rite Inc.