Re: Personal xinitrc file not picked up by X !

Hi,

Actually I start X by typing startx in the console.

I solved the problem by using an .Xclients file which is picked up very well by X on load.

The mystery of the .xinitrc file is not solved but my problem is solved !

Le 2003.02.05 03:56, Kevin Brouelette a écrit :
On Mon, 3 Feb 2003 21:59:57 +0100
Cedric Chausson <cchausson@noos.fr> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Wanting to customize X loading I put a .xinitrc file in my home
> directory with some changes. But it is not picked up by X when
> !
>
> X only picks up the default xinitrc file in /etc/X11/xinit.
>
> I have tried renaming the file xinitrc but to no avail.
>
> Anyone have an idea about this ?
>
> Thanks in advance,

Hello,
Are you using run level 5 or 'startx' from some other run level??
If you are in runlevel 5 and login via gdm/kdm/xdm, you can
create a .xsession file in the users home directory and it will
load those item's when you login.

You're welcome  :)

Kevin Brouelette, RHCE