Package Management Tool problem

Hello,

I installed 8 on my Thinkpad with no apparent issues flagged during
install, then updated with up2date.

When I try to run the Package Management GUI app, I see the app window,
and a dialog titled "Checking System Status" that says "The package
manager program is searching your system to determine which packages are
currently installed.  Finding tree." and then an error dialog that says:
"The path None does not look like a valid installation source."

There's an OK button, and if I pick it, the entire app exits.

I haven't found anything in the docs regarding this issue.  Has anyone
else seen it?

Does anyone have any info on where to look for the configuration for
this tool?

Regular rpm command line tool works fine.

Cheers,
Bret