Re: Logitech Cordless Elite Duo: issues and useful keysyms

Of course, the sure way to figure something out immediately is to ask
a mailiing list about it.  I just noticed this in my system messages
(`dmesg`):

keyboard.c: can't emulate rawmode for keycode 256
(messenger key)

keyboard.c: can't emulate rawmode for keycode 257
(webcam key)

keyboard.c: can't emulate rawmode for keycode 258
(itouch key)

keyboard.c: can't emulate rawmode for keycode 259
(shopping key)

keyboard.c: can't emulate rawmode for keycode 261
(push scroll wheel in)

keyboard.c: can't emulate rawmode for keycode 336
(through)
keyboard.c: can't emulate rawmode for keycode 347
(F-locked function keys F1 through F12)

So it seems that the problem is that XFree86 does not like keycodes
over 255, and maps some of them to mouse button presses.

Any advice on getting these keycodes recognized by XFree86?  I found
some info on Google, but all the web pages and messages had patches
that referred to outdated XFree86 versions.  See my previous message
for the XFree86 and kernel version I am running.

Thanks
Ted