Re: User Mode Linux, UML

On Thu, 30 Jan 2003, Greg Morgan wrote:

> I've searched for information on UML on the www.redhat.com site with
> google.  I have not found much.

I wasn't aware there was ANY UML documentation on redhat's site. Look at
http://user-mode-linux.sourceforge.net/
for more general information.

> Does any one have information, tips, or experiences that they can share
> about the kernel-uml-2.4.18-19.8.0 package?  Do I throw it in with the
> kernel rpm to install the updated kerenl? i.e. rpm -ivh kernel.xxx
> kernel-uml.xxx?

Generally you use the -i option on the kernel so that you don't replace
the files your system is using, and so that you can boot off a previous
kernel if the new kernel doesn't work. These reasons may or may not apply
to the uml kernel, depending on how you are using it. If you haven't set
up a uml subsystem, you can update it like any other package.

	Michael Young