RE: Sendmail config

And the saga continues ...

I adjusted my firewall at the local machine so I don't have to keep dropping it

I can telnet to port 25 of the local machine from a different remote machine (my
home machine through a different ISP)

So we have confirmed that the local machine is accepting telnet requests on the
smtp port

I still can't connect (not even telnet to port 25) from the original remote
machine - the one I want to forward email to the local machine

The remote machine is connected to a Linksys router that is connected to Bell
Sympatico high speed DSL (here in Canada)

The Linksys router has NAT firewall in place, but I've even tried putting the linux
box there into the DMZ and still can't connect from there to here via port 25

Any further ideas?

Is there some router config issue I'm missing?  But why would it only affect port
25 (I can telnet to port 110 and 143)?

Could the ISP be blocking port 25?  Why would they do that?

Can I forward the email over another port?  How do you do that (a pointer to a
howto url would be great)?