permissions for 'dump' procedures

Hi ,

I have two Red Hat Linux 8 servers connected and talking to one another on
a network.

I am trying to use the 'dump' command to perform a test backup procedure
of a from one machine to the next.

I run the command like this :

#  dump -0  -f  hostIPaddress:/target   /source

I then get a line saying "DUMP: " immediately afterwards , and then after waiting a
few seconds I get an error message saying that the login process for root failed.

How do I go about setting up trusted access between the two root accounts on the
different machines ? I even tried the same process with a lower-level user that existed
on both machines , and still the process failed

Regards , Jason