RE: Sendmail config

Haven't quite figured it out yet

When I drop my local firewall (the machine I want to handle all domain email), I
can telnet to ports 110 and 143 but not port 25 from the remote machine (the one I
want to forward email to the local machine.  From another local machine, on my LAN,
I CAN telnet to port 25 on the mail server

So at least one problem (at this point I think the only problem) is at the local end

I've checked hosts.allow and restarted xinetd
I've edited /etc/mail/access and run make
I've edited /etc/mail/relay-domains

Any other ideas?

The fact that I can telnet to ports 110 and 143 from the remote machine (when I
drop the firewall) but I can't telnet to port 25 (but I can from another local
machine) leads me to believe that my local sendmail config is the problem

Please note that I dropped my firewall (the mail gateway is directly attached to my
dsl modem - there is no router between to cause problems) and netstat shows
sendmail listening on 0.0.0.0:25