/var/www/html user privs

Hello everyone,

I was wondering what the implications of changing the group on /var/www/html
would be. I have a small site hosted off my pc at home and I ssh into the box a
lot and work on it. I just don't like having to do 'su' so that I can get into
the directory to work on my page... if I change the group of /var/ww/html ONLY,
AND create a group for working on the site and add the user and root to that
group... that should allow normal users, in that group, to access the that
folder only correct? Would this cause any problems as far as anyone here can
fore see?

TIA,
Ryan