Re: bootnet.img to cd-rom instead of floopy

On Fri, 24 Jan 2003, Ron Lee wrote:

> Anyone know how to create a bootnet.img to a cd-rom instead
> of a floppy? I have a new server loaded with nine hard
> drives and no floppy. I have a USB port on the back that I
> can connect an external USB drive and boot from that. TIA

>From the RELEASE-NOTES:

    o isolinux is now used for booting the CD. If you have problems booting
       from the CD, you can write the images/boot.img image to a diskette
       according to the directions in the Official Red Hat Linux Installation
       Guide.

       If you want to make your own CD to boot the installation program, copy
       the isolinux directory from the first CD into a temporary directory
       (cp -r /path/to/tree/isolinux/ /path/to/cdimage) and then run the
       following command:

       mkisofs -o /path/to/file.iso -b isolinux/isolinux.bin -c
       isolinux/boot.cat -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table -R
       -J -V -T /path/to/cdimage