Well-supported microATX motherboard?

I need to set up another computer lab and I've decided to go with
small cases, which necessitate microATX motherboards.  I'd still like
some CPU grunt (2.6GHz P4 or Athlon equivalent) so the little VIA
boards are pretty much out of the question.  Unfortunately boards this
size are all heavily integrated and the driver situation can be dire.

Does anyone have any recommendations for motherboards that are well
supported?  I've used the Asus P4BGL-VM board, but it has onboard i845
graphics which isn't well supported in 8.0.  Are there any
alternatives that work?

Thanks for any advice,
--
  Jason L Tibbitts III - tibbs@math.uh.edu - 713/743-3486 - 660PGH - 94 PC800
       System Manager:  University of Houston Department of Mathematics