RE: php/sendmail/apache/linux...

On Fri, 24 Jan 2003, Bruce Douglas wrote:

> However, as I stated, I'm fairly sure that the Sendmail app is working given
> that I was able to send an email from the command line when i did a telnet
> localhost 25....
>
> I'm just not certain as to how to do it through PHP....

Bruce,
How about trying something really simple like this. I know it works.
It's part of an HTML form I've used, so you'll need one with a $name,
$email, and $morestuff input section:

  $toaddress = "whatever@whomever.com";
  $subject = "My Subject";
  $mailcontent = "Name: ".$name."\n"
		 ."E-mail Address: ".$email."\n"
		 ."Additional Information: \n".$morestuff."\n";
  mail($toaddress, $subject, $mailcontent);

bts@sdf.lonestar.org