RE: adduser -M

Shouldn't you apply the same rules for acceptable network use to yourself
that you apply to your users?
If they can't look at porn; you can't look at porn.
(Thanks to net-nanny.)
You can turn off the home share by disabling it via
smbpasswd -d
-d     This option specifies that the username following should be disabled
in the local smbpasswd file. This is done by writing a 'D' flag into 	the
account control space in the smbpasswd file. Once this is  done
      all attempts to authenticate via SMB using this username will fail.