Re: Messenger Popups

Buck writes....

> I have a problem in Windows that outside users are popping up ads from
> windows messenger.   I am wondering if there is a similar product in
> RedHat that might be having the same problem.  Or, is Red Hat safe from
> that junk?

I assume you are connected via DSL/Cable directly into your machine
with no type of firewall.  If that is the case, the popups ARE
annoying, but you should also consider other 'quiet' things that
someone might be doing to your machine in the background.
My roomie runs XP on a machine, and by default it has all kinds
of stuff that's left open.

I suggest either firewalling it with a linux box, or just go buy
a cheap $40 router.

-- Jay Crews
jpc@jaycrews.com