Re: Best time to install Tripwire?

On Thu, Jan 23, 2003 at 01:46:09AM -0800, Jay Crews wrote:
> I have had RH8.0 installed on my machine, and connected to the network for
> almost a month.  Got sendmail, httpd, sshd, and a few other things going.
>
> If I try to set tripwire up now, is it going to be a real nightmare?

The biggest issue here is that the box has already been connected
to a network for a month.  When you run tripwire it will create
it's initial database from the files currently on your system.
Since your system has been connected to a network for a month it
is possible that the box has already been comprised making your
initial baseline invalid.

/jft