Re: Excellent signature

On Fri, 2003-01-24 at 04:36, Rob Unsworth wrote:

> When I first saw this sig I was all for supporting the FSF in this
> campaign. That was until I read the web page. I found that in part it
> is self defeating, because it contains the following.
>
>  "Receiving Word attachments is bad for you because they can carry
>   viruses........"
>
> Two paragraphs later
>
>  "To convert the file to HTML using Word is simple......."
>
> Apparently the FSF oppose receiving  a virus sent with a Word
> document, but if the virus is sent via HTML, thats OK.

	I'm missing something here...  In what way would a word macro virus be
converted into anything html?  I think you don't quite know the
technology (or maybe you know something that no one else knows).

> Bill G must have laughed himself to sleep after reading that.

	After reading your message, yes.

> The FSF will get no support from me on this one.

	There are many reasons not to like the FSF.  This is not one of them.

--
"Khaaaaamaaayyyy, Haaaaamaaaayyyy, HAAAAAAAAA!!!!!"
                -- Goku, 'Dragon Ball'