Mailman sending FQDN in email to users/admin rather than fromdomain

Hi,

I'm trying to setup mailman for a small internal private network,
I have DNS,Sendmail, apache and Mailman all on the same box.
Tis box handles low volume users mail and the other services are there
only for mailman.

The FQDFN of the mailserver is eir.angelnet.int, i have a CNAME called
mailman.angelent.int. pointing to this server:

mailman.angelnet.int.       IN CNAME        eir.angelnet.int.

I can send emails internally no problem, as the mx record for the domain
angelnet.int points to this mail server (so sending a mail to
mark@angelent.int, goes into my indox on hthe mail server and i connect
to it via imap)

I have mailman working, but the problem is when I create a test list, it
send an confirmation email to the listadmin (me), from:

mailman-owner@eir.angelnet.int

I really want to to come from:

mailman-owner@angelnet.int

The settings I have set in my /var/mailman/Mailman/mm_cfg.py

Are:

DEFAULT_HOST_NAME = 'eir'
DEFAULT_URL_HOST = 'mailman.angelnet.int'
DEFAULT_URL       = 'http://%s/mailman/' % DEFAULT_URL_HOST
MAILMAN_OWNER     = 'mailman-owner@%s' % DEFAULT_HOST_NAME

The DEFAULT_URL_HOST works great, as this is the correct address of the
webserver.

I have tried to set the DEFAULT_HOST_NAME to just 'angelent.int', this
then sends a confirmation mail from:

mailman-owner@angelnet.int

But in doing this, I get crontab errors for mailman

Cron <mailman@eir> /usr/bin/python -S /var/mailman/cron/qrunner:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/var/mailman/cron/qrunner", line 84, in ?
    from Mailman import Utils
  File "/var/mailman/Mailman/Utils.py", line 32, in ?
    import random
  File "/usr/lib/python2.2/random.py", line 91, in ?
    NV_MAGICCONST = 4 * _exp(-0.5)/_sqrt(2.0)
ValueError: math domain error

Which would to me imply a name error somewhere.

This has been driving me mad, can anyone possably advise me what is
going wrong.

Thanks in advance

Mark

--
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism;
to steal from many is research.