linux security/network issue....

hi...

I have an issue that I believe points to Linux network security. I'm trying
to set my network up to allow external users view my internal Apache server.
My network setup is as follows:

he Setup:

	+----------------+
	| External World |
	+----------------+
	         ^
	+-----------------+
	+-----------------+               |
                                        | (Internal Network)

                v                                          v
           +--------------+                       +---------------+
           |              |                       |               |
           |  Linux Box   | (192.222.33.4)        | Windows 2K
Box|(192.222.33.5)
           |   (Apache)   |                       |    (Apache)   |
           |              |                       |  (PuTTY)      |
           +--------------+                       |               |
                                                  +---------------+

If I configure my router to do port forwarding with Port 80 pointing to the
Windows Box with Apache, external users can view the server. If I change the
router/port forwarding to point to the Linux Box/Apache server, the user is
unable to access the Apache server. A quick review of the Apache log files
does not reveal a hit to the server. This seems to indicate that the request
from the external user didn't "get" to the Apache server.

I'm begining to believe that the real issue has to do with how the Linux box
is configured to accept/handle network communications. I'm able to look at
the linux Apache server from other boxes within my network, provided I use
the internal (192.XX) address. So the Apache server is working properly.

So my question: How do I expand the IP addresses that are able to access the
Linux Box? Or, might there perhaps be another problem? I'm realtively new to
the world of Linux. I have RH 8.0 with the Gnome GUI. Pointers/assistance to
whatever functions/commands would be appreciated!!

Thanks

Bruce Douglas
bedouglas@earthlink.net