Re: Problem when mounting a cdrom drive on a Philips 4x4x32 Model No:CDD4401/71

Banjo Donila wrote:
I switched the cd-rw on primary slave status and it worked fine! Great work! anyways, at this moment I want to know the reason behind all
of this mess so in the future I would be able to troubleshoot even more
possible problems and be able to explain it further more
thanks!

That's great that it's working on the primary IDE. If you had it on the secondary IDE, without a master drive, it won't work well (if at all) as a slave by itself. If you do have a master drive on the secondary, could be a bad cable, or IDE interface.