Re: How to configure applications to use CUPS ?

Hi:
     Read the documentations from CUPS, i don't remember now how, but is
possible to configure CUPs to substitute lpd daemon. Normally appplications
need to suport cups printing system natively ( see how applications from
KDE 3 have the option to print to CUPS or lpd ), but another applicatiosn
( old ones ), only understand lpd. Reconfiguring CUPs all aplications that
point is print processes to lpd, can send it to CUPS.

HTH

Tim Waugh <twaugh@redhat.com>@redhat.com con fecha 16/01/2003 10:24:27 a.m.

Por favor, responda a psyche-list@redhat.com

Enviado por:   psyche-list-admin@redhat.com

Destinatarios:     psyche-list@redhat.com
CC:

Asunto:   Re: How to configure applications to use CUPS ?

On Thu, Jan 16, 2003 at 08:45:10AM +0100, Cedric Chausson wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I have installed CUPS and it works, I can print a test page from CUPS.
> But how do I tell applications to use CUPS ?
>
> Is there a central place where I can tell all applications to use CUPS ?

redhat-switch-printer

Tim.
*/
(See attached file: attnp7ki.dat)