How to configure applications to use CUPS ?

Hello all,

I have installed CUPS and it works, I can print a test page from CUPS. But how do I tell applications to use CUPS ?

Is there a central place where I can tell all applications to use CUPS ?

For example in gedit, in the print screen printer tab there are two options :
Gnome default printer (PS, lpr)
Manage printers (which is greyed out)

How do I get gedit to use CUPS ? Where can I change the Gnome default printer ?

Thanks in advance,