Re: Mozilla & Sound

---------- Original Message -----------
From: Craig White <craigwhite@azapple.com>
To: psyche-list@redhat.com
Sent: 13 Jan 2003 20:31:49 -0700
Subject: Re: Mozilla & Sound

> On Fri, 2003-01-10 at 19:02, Mike Vanecek wrote:
> > Out of box RH 8 with all RHN updates, Gnome desktop, Mozilla (installed
> > plugger and add-ins [Xanim, java, etc. - what a pain!]).
> >
> > Page with background sounds do not play them:
> >
> Perhaps you should find http editor that doesn't write code that only
> works on IE (Front Page is what was used).
>
> There are differences between javascript and j-script and I think you
> have just run smack dab into one of them.

The referenced page does not have any javascript or j-script. It is a simple
page I put up for testing purposes.

Me finding an editor will only solve music on my test page. An amazing number
of sites have pages that work with IE, but do not work with the Mozilla on my
RH 8 system. An amazing number of sites use Frontpage. Interestingly enough,
the test page goes through w3 validation with no errors.

I have reported it to Bugzilla and am working with them to try to narrow down
the problem. One thing that pops up is the bgsound tag.

Do you have a recommendation for a wysiwyg http editor that writes code that
is generic enough for all browsers (other than gedit)?

In any event, thank you for your helpful suggestions.