Re: Upgrading to 2.4.20 Linux Kernel

Hi,

On Tue, 2003-01-14 at 13:22, dennis@dgilmore.net wrote:
> I use a custom built 2.4.20 kernel for my server.  i had to apply some patches
> for a new scsi card i bought so i stepped up. i built the kernel on my
> desktop  tarred it up and tarred the modules copied them over untarred and
> configured grub.  i used a stock 2.4.20 from kernel.org  but as its a server
> and doesnt have x i didnt need to worry about kernel drm modules for x.

Just pondering doing something similar. Is it possible to build the
kernel on one machine, copy the kernel directory to another machine, and
then do a 'make modules_install'?

hmmm..

James

--
James McArthur <jamesm@pcorp.com.au>
Why did this have to happen now, during prime time, when TV's

		-- Homer Simpson
		   Brother Can You Spare Two Dimes?