Re: slow bootup

It's probably a name resolving issue of (iirc) your hostname (check with
command hostname). If sendmail can't contact the configured dns server
to resolve your hostname, it will wait (hang if you like) until the dns
query times out. This can occur when you use dialup to the Net with a
modem and you have the ISP's dns server configured as your dns but you
are not online so the ISP's dns server can not be contacted. Which makes
sense during boot-up. You may want to put your hostname + ip address in
/etc/hosts. Make sure /etc/host.conf says "order hosts, bind" (without
the quotes). Alternatively check your dns settings and /etc/resolv.conf

Cheers,
Patrick