Re: Space

Schotty wrote:

> On Thu, 2003-01-09 at 22:08, Ekow Oppon wrote:
> > Some of the presentations need to be on posters and my guess is there
> > arent many places that will manage to print a presentation from office.
> > As for waiting..., not possible. Got to have it done.
>
> But you can save it in any format you want -- including the MS-Office
> formats.  I used OO.org at my old job, for excel and word compatibilty.
> Abiword and gnumeric were good, but too flaky.  I got tired of them
> bombing out. OO.org was stable, very simple to use, and compatible in
> most everything I have tried.

I have to second that, we exchange Excel spreadsheets and Word documents
with clients all the time -- but we only use OO.org.  The clients can't
tell that we aren't using M$ products

The only time I've had any problems is when someone sends an Access file
or someone is using WordPerfect and sends us something in that format as
instead of Word.

BTW, www.demandpub.com will print stuff in OO.org format -- just tell
the salesman to ask the I.T. Director if they can handle the format.

--