Re: 2 questions

On Thu, 2003-01-09 at 00:14, Rigoberto de la Cruz wrote:
> 1. I have downloaded some archives from the list. this
> archives are in mbox file format (right?), so the
> question is: what program is best to read the file?
> less?? if so, then it's a pain to go thru each
> message.

Most mail clients keep their folders in mbox format, so you should be
able to just stick that file with your other mailboxes and exect the
mail client to see it when it starts up next.

Those that don't usually have an "import" function that supports mbox
files.

> 2. when I connect to the web thru my modem, i get a
> very solw conection. the downloads are way slower
> compared to when I'm running linux. is there anyway to
> check at what speed I connected? Is it a mozilla
> problem? what should I do to check my settings? by the
> way, the modem is not a winmodem

Where do you see the slow downloads?  Is it a throughput issue, where
the bits/s on large downloads are lower under Linux, or are you getting
initial delays when you start?