Re: Problems running 2.4.20 kernel

Derek,

> On Wed, Jan 08, 2003 at 07:58:07PM +0000, glen wrote:
> > This makes it boot further but the rc.sysinit script blows up when
> > trying to remount the / partition and then everything falls apart.
>
> That's pretty non-specific.  What actually happens?  Error messages?
> Log output?

^^^^
There is no log output other than  [failed] - it never gets a chance to
write anything out to logs as nothing is mounted.

I did find that 'mount' was segv'ing.

Anyway I'd read lots of things about enabling stuff in the kernel to let
it see the partition labels - this I had done
however I must be missing something as when I change my fstab to remove
all labels and use devices it boots up fine (which kinda follows with it
not booting at all when trying to use a label in lilo).

So there's obviously something in the redhat kernel that I don't have
either patched or enabled - I've compared the .config files for the two
kernels and so far have not seen what the difference is - must be
something though.

Thanks,

Glen