Re: Upgrading RH8

On Wed, 8 Jan 2003, Scott Taylor wrote:

> I thought I would try to perform an upgrade from the CD's, to see whether some
> errors I made might be overwritten and get fixed. (e.g. I downloaded the
> latest Mozilla which apparently does not work with Evolution, thinking that
> this would downgrade Mozilla. Also I think I did some symlinks that affected
> this.)
>
> Does anyone know why it did not upgrade packages from CD 1 and then ask for
> the other CD's?

I would guess that an upgrade will ignore any packages that are the same
version or newer than the one on the CD, so that if for example you are
upgrading from 7.2 to 7.3, it can ignore the packages which are the same
in both releases. Hence it was so quick because it upgraded few if any
packages.

	Michael Young