Upgrading RH8

I thought I would try to perform an upgrade from the CD's, to see whether some
errors I made might be overwritten and get fixed. (e.g. I downloaded the
latest Mozilla which apparently does not work with Evolution, thinking that
this would downgrade Mozilla. Also I think I did some symlinks that affected
this.)

The upgrade process gave me an error about third party packages overlapping,
which I continued through, and then it said install was complete. This took
minutes.

Does anyone know why it did not upgrade packages from CD 1 and then ask for
the other CD's?

Regards

Scott