SSH problem - modem conection

Dear All,

I configured the SSH server in my PIII machine with Psyche (kernel, for instance the SSH is:

OpenSSH_3.4p1, SSH protocols 1.5/2.0, OpenSSL 0x0090602f

I connect to it using the SSH Secure Shell (2.4.0) (www.ssh.com) software
in a Windows98 installed on a Toshiba Satellite Pro 4600 laptop.... external
users using computers from universities, etc are able to connect to this SSH
server except when using a modem connection from home.... I can connect
to the vsFTP server in the same machine from home using the same modem
connection, then I suspect it could be a problem of IP... could the SSH be
blocking the connections from servers other than universities or variable IP
numbers ?

On the laptop I use a Winmodem (Softmodem (Lucent SCORPIO) on a
Toshiba Satellite Pro 4600.

I have no problem to connect to the SSH server using the same laptop but with
the network card in the intranet.

Any suggestions you may have to solve this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Alberto