Re: /dev/dvd

Around about 07/01/2003 05:48, Tommy McNeely typed ...
who keeps taking away my /dev/dvd link.. its driving me insane :p
I think its another side effect of kudzu's updfstab. I disabled kudzu at startup, and only run it when I know I've changed something. I've seen updfstab delete cdrom entries in fstab (moved to fstab.REVOKE) and intermittently wipe /dev (at least, that's what I'm blaming).

I can't for the life of me figure out what's actually calling updfstab, or even, to be honest, given what it gets up to, *why* you'd call it (scribbling links in /dev, deleting lines in fstab).

If it's this, look for a 'kudzu' option for your dvd mount in /etc/fstab. Then remove it.

If anyone knows why updfstab might actually be useful, I'd be interested to hear! Or even what might be calling it (magicdev?)/

--
[neil@fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[neil@fnx ~]# ls -l .signature