From: Jason Dale [mailto:redhat@maxxess.co.za]
Sent: Mon, January 06, 2003 9:42 AM
To: psyche-list@redhat.com
Subject: Sendmail on RH8

Hi All:

Question #1

I am in the process of transferring mail server functionality to
my new RH 8 machine , and everything seems to be working
just fine. However , I need to find a way to 'test' the new mail
server , without changing the MX record's IP address on our
ISP's DNS servers. Is there a command I can use in Linux
to send a mail message from one Linux server to a specific
account on another Linux server , referenced by IP address
rather than by DNS lookup ? bear in mind that both of these
Linux servers are on the same LAN

Question #2

Sendmail queues all of it's incoming mail for an account into
one large account file in /var/spool/mail. Is there a way I can break these
large files down into smaller message sized chunks so that
they can be delivered to their recipients' computers
individually ? ( naturally , the user must be logged on and must
be requesting mail from the server )

Regards , Jason