No PS/2 Mouse causes crash

Hi,

I've got a wierd problem with my RH8 box. When I have my PS/2 mouse
unplugged from the computer, and power it on the computer gives what
appears to be a kernel panic immediately after the 'uncompressing linux'
message.

It only happens when the PS/2 mouse is unplugged. The functions that
appear to be being called are tcp_* functions.

This whole thing is just so strange, that I'm posting this to see if
anyone has any idea at all; I'm thinking broken PS/2 port/mouse, but
thats just a wild guess.

Any ideas?

James

--
James McArthur <jamesm@pcorp.com.au>
"Just make a simple cake. And this time, if someone's going to jump out of