Re: DNS questions

> > On Fri, 3 Jan 2003, Randy Kelsoe wrote:
>
> I did give postfix a try once, but IIRC, it does not send mail to root
> by default, and I did not take the time to figure out how to get it to
> send mail to root.

Since you appear to have solved your problems I will make just 1 comment
to be sure things are understood. Part of setting setting up postfix is
that an alias must be setup for receiving root mail. IIRC if you do not
explicitly set one up by default root mail will be directed to the postfix
user. This is because postfix does not run SUID root. It does not run with
the necessary permissions to deliver mail to the root user directly.

To do this is as simple as editing the alias for root in /etc/postfix/aliases
and then running "postalias aliases".

HTH,

--
.............Tom	"Nothing would please me more than being able to
tdiehl@rogueind.com	hire ten programmers and deluge the hobby market

   			We are still waiting ....