Re: Reiserfs and Redhat 8.0 :)

> --
> Norman Madden <normanmadden@cfl.rr.com>
>
> I have found a easy way to get reiserfs support in RH8.
> At the boot prompt (where you can choose f1, f2 etc)
> type: linux reiserfs
> (to load reiserfs support)
>
> then in the install you can format partitions as reiserfs.
> if this is documented anywhere, I have not found it.
> Too bad SGI's xfs does not work the same way. (I tried it)
>
> BTW it would not be a bad idea to add reiserfs tools from a rpm,
> before you crash test it.........
>
> I now have / as reiserfs on a software raid!

Just as a crazy question why has RH not added install support for
the differnt Journalling file systems??

Like I don't mean yeah they have the module in the kernel type of thing,
I mean when I go through disk druid or what not I want to be able to select
ReiserFS, and if licensing permits JFS and XFS.

Any thoughts?