Re: DNS questions

Kevin McConnell wrote:
--- Jesse Keating <hosting@j2solutions.net> wrote:

Sendmail on Red Hat doesn't listen to anything but
localhost by default. You have to configure it to allow certian IP addresses
to relay. Please consult the release notes, and sendmail documentation.

to get around this you simply need to edit
/etc/mail/sendmail.mc and comment out DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=smtp,Addr=127.0.0.1, Name=MTA')
by putting a dnl in front of it. And while you're at
it, you may as well comment out this line too:
FEATURE(`accept_unresolvable_domains')dnl

then run m4 /etc/mail/sendmail.mc >
/etc/mail/sendmail.cf
then you will prolly still have to allow relaying via
the other files as mentioned

I had already commented out "DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=smtp,Addr=127.0.0.1, Name=MTA')" and still had the same errors. I just tried uncommenting
FEATURE(`accept_unresolvable_domains')dnl, running the m4 command, and restarting sendmail. Still get the same thing.

As far as the /etc/mail/relay-hosts file, I am not familiar with that, but isn't relaying controlled by the /etc/mail/access.db file now?